Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Early Films!

I realized from our last class that my attention span has definitely been shaped by modern TV and movies. This was my second time watching the Great Train Robbery. I watched the movie in my mass media and society class freshman year. Both times that i watched it i was bored by it and distracted by other things. Its kind if funny that i had the same reaction three years later. I would never have been able to watch the movie in a dark theater with only a piano playing. I have the same reaction when my parents make me watch old black and white movies with them. My mom had me watch Breakfast at Tiffany's, which is such a great classic movie, but i was bored and didn't finish it. Its funny to see how different my attention span is from my mom who is only a generation behind me. This makes me wonder how my kids are going to watch movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment